In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping a Colt New Army Model 1901 .38 to Cali?

317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
I know I should have thought about this possibility before now but I did not even think about it. I sold a Colt New Army 1901 on the auction side, it sold to a man from California, now I am unsure if I can send it or not. I have read the Cali DOJ webpage looking for an answer and I am still unsure, I have a copy of the guys (he is a dealer). I have the money order in hand, and I have an FFL on my end to ship it from. My FFL though, doesn't know yet, that it is going to California, and if he balks, I would like to be able to tell him why or why not it is legal to ship. Any help here? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    C&R handguns can be shipped to Cali as long as they're going to an FFL dealer.
  • Options
    317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweet that is the answer I was looking for, thanks Spider
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The dealer shipping from out of CA to CA will have to be registered with the CA Attorney General, maybe it is CA Dept of Justice and then get a number from them for each firearm shipped to a CA dealer. If your dealer is not already registered he may balk at going through the trouble even though it is a very simple matter to get registered.