In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Voere Over/Under combination guns

john singleton mosbyjohn singleton mosby Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
Well, I bought the Voere and it has a two leaf folding rear sight. I tried unsuccessfully to sight it in with the open sights. The only way to get any accuracy out of it is going to be to scope it so I am going to need to find scope bases that will fit the grooved top of the receiver. I checked the width of the top and it measures between .471-.475" which is close to 12mm (.472") so I am pretty sure that the internal groove is 11mm wide or .433".
I will need claw type bases to fit this 11mm groove width so does anyone have any suggestions of where to find them other than modifying a set of Burris bases that are only 3/8", .375" wide?
I am open to any and all suggestions but much prefer to buy the correct width bases to begin with.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have my eye on a Voere combination gun in caliber .222 Rem. Magnum and 20 Ga. Magnum that is in real nice condition. It appears to be 100% factory original with all markings being factory, not re-chambered and re-stamped as I have heard was done with some of them in .222 Rem to make them magnums.
    The gun does not carry any importer's marks such as Flaig's of Millvale or any others.
    Any ideas as to value and rarity out there?

JSM[url="mailto:"]rcminnich@hotmail.com[/url]
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Any machinist should be able to open up a set of STEEL Burris rings from 3/8 to 11MM can you post a picture of The top of the grooved part of your rib. [?] Does it have a locating NOTCH to prevent Front to back movement. [?]
  • Options
    andeanincandeaninc Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Millett makes scope rings for 11mm base. Do a search for "11mm ring" here

http://andean-inc.com/SRCH.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Voere does not have a notch in the top of the receiver to prevent scope mount movement as the Zoli and Valmet models do.
    It appears to me that the Voere relies strictly on the grip of the claw type mount to hold things in place unless there is a special claw mount that has a retaining cross bar incorporated into the mount base.
    Input or better yet pictures of a Voere with a scope mounted on it please.
  • Options
    jaegermisterjaegermister Member Posts: 692 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a 11mm to standard weaver base adapter, amazon ..com or do google search.
    Some are long which gives you more grip and several weaver base notches about 22 dollars some are short with one weaver notch for 9 dollars. Go for the longest one for your 11 mm dove tail length. Then you can mount one of any reflective or halo sights available, they all fit weaver standard base. With this low weight of this type sight it should not move due to shotgun recoil at the 11mm attachment. This way you can use the voere with entirely different sight than the scoped Zoli.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got your e mail with link to web site for the 11mm adapter to Weaver style picatinny rail. Thanks so much!
    I will give it a try and then maybe keep the Voere although the safety issue with it concerns me the most.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jaegermister,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the Altoona gun show a few weeks ago. I sold the Voere a few weeks later at the Gettysburg show and let it go with the scope mount base which you put me onto. It worked like a champ but since I picked up the Zoli in 12 ga./6.5 swede I decided that the Voere had to go. I picked up a night light that will mount to the top of the scope so I plan to give it a try Coyote hunting soon. Thanks for all your help with the Zoli and Voere.