In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burris scope question

Dyer_MakerDyer_Maker Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone had any experience with Burris Signature variable scopes with the lighted reticle? How do they compare with the regular ones without that feature?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    looking at a 4X Burris Mini on E-Bay, but don't know much about it. Can somebody tell me if this is a decent scope. It also has an adjustable objective, swhich seems kind of odd for a fixed 4X. Any info on this scope would be appreciated. One more question. Would this be an adequate scope to put on a Rem 673 in 350 Rem Mag? Thanks for all your help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought A Burris scope used. Its a Signature series scope 4-16 x 44. It has the day light and twilite setting. It looks to be the Posi-lock version. What is posi-lock and what does it do?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking at buying a burris scope on internet a fullfield 3x9x38
    I can find no 38 mm fullfield scope has anyone heard of this scope ? and what is it worth in excellent condition.

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A scope has actually 2 tubes, one inside the other. The internal tube houses your optical pieces. The outside (main) tube, is the tube which holds the turrets with your elevation and windage adjustments. These turrets have a geared adjustment system, that is under pressure by way of a spring loaded tension under each one. That spring is what holds the constant pressure on the internal tube, which is supposed to not allow the internal tube to move under recoil. That would be what would be referred to as not shifting POI or losing zero.

Now, notice the location of the posi-lock turret. It disects the remaining 75% of the space which is not held by the elevation and windage turret. By coming in at that angle, with another steel post, that actually locks down the pressure on the internal tube from a third angle. Now your internal tube has 3 pressure points instead of just 2. This is designed to help your scope hold POI under heavy recoil, and any bumps it may take during your hunting trip.

I have that scope on a 7mm mag, which is regularly used for crop damage permits,and has NOT shifted point of impact in 3 yrs. Great piece of glass.

I'm a man,....but I can change,.....If I have to,......I guess.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, JustC did not leave much for anyone else to say except Burris scopes are very good quality, rivaling Leupold. Likely, if you contact Burris they will send you an owners manual.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks JustC for the info. HeDog you are correct. I called them and the are sending me a manual and the little tool they give you with purchase. Thanks for the input.