In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 94

Bow_masterBow_master Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
this gun is in fair condition, made approx 1966. looking for a fair value on this gun ? thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm trying to find out when it was made.Winchester MODEL-94-30 W.C.F.Made in New Haven, CONN.#1554029
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What does ex in front of the trigger denote if anything. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,

I have a question regarding a model 94 that I have had for some time. The serial number is 4224xxx and I purchased it as new in the box. The box is marked 30-30 Winchester / One 9412. The barrel is stamped 32 Winchester special and I slugged it and it is indeed 32 Spl.

Did Winchester ever rebarrel Model 94's to a different caliber at the customer's request?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking of purchasing a model 94 30-30 from a friend. It was made in 1949 and has a monte carlo style stock with what looks like a bear carved on one side. The gun is fair to good condition for its age. Any ideas as to it's value? I can send a picture if that would help.

Thanks,

Rusty
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Winchester model 94 that was made in 1971. It has an engraved stock. On both sides of the forearm is engraved acorns and on one side of the butt stock are two Elk fighting. Does any body have any more information and what would it be worth? It is in excellent ondition.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    trying to find out what this may be worth

32 winchester special
    octigan barrel
    nickel plated
    lever action80to 85%
    no rust
    sight manufacutrured in 1905
    gun 1897?

robert apodaca
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did some searching and got a round about idea, but would like more specific info.

I have a Winchester model 94 30-30 with the 20 inch barrel and hooded sights. The stock is wooden and smooth, not checkered. It has probably nly been fired 10 times since it was new. The action is tight, the blueing is in great shape. The stock has a few minor dings and scratches. The serial # showed a 1977 build date.

Whats it worth? I wanted to get a new pistol and trade in a gun I never use.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:)] I recently gotfrom my bother a 8. Winchester Model 94 30-30 - SN 2835320, can you tell from the serial # when it was made? Also could someone give me an estimate onthe value of this gun. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Lee
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking for date of manufacture and approx value on a Winchester Model 94 serial #2342929. The gun is 100%, never been fired condition. I have the box and tags but still can't find the date it was made. I am guessing somewhere in the 1950's??

Thanks
    Charles
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When I was 14 my Old man gave me "Canadian Cenntenial" model 94 Winchester. Its a 30-30 and it has an octogon barrel. I can't find any info. on this model, so I was curious to what it was worth. Also if it is part of a set of commemorative rifles. Any info would greatly apperciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Question-when did Winchester change the tang/buttstock design on the 94's. It was before 1964, but I don't know when or what serial number.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would like to know the year and value
    of this picticular gun. serial# 1021699
    side of barrell has model 94 winchester
    nickel steel 30 w.cf. top of ejection
    chamber has pw inside a circle.Inside
    trigger has the number 22.has wood grain
    stock.the gun has been in the family for
    atleast 50 years. please email me back
    with some information about this

thank you,kelly

kelly clutts
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I recently bought a model 94 in .32 winchester special and it has a large chunk out of the buttstock on the bottom side in the very back by the buttplate is there any good way to fix it or will i have to buy a new buttstock
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a really nice model 94 38-55 built it 1900. It has a really clean bore but a lot of wear. It really has been taken care of but the accuracy is really way off. If you were me would you have it relined or just say it is a 100 year old gun and forget it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 30-30 winchester serial # 1674225 in mint condition fired about five times liked to what it's worth ? one owner gun! paid $200 for it the former owner said he bought in the early 60's looks like brand new!!
    Alex

alex
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is the significance of 1964 for the model 94? I see a lot of the listings for these mentioning wether it is a pre- or post-64 gun. I was just wanting to know what that meant.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is my first post and I'm not as much up on older weapons as I would like to be but oh well.

Statement and question;

I have a Winchester Model 94 .30 W.C.F.(not a Yellowbelly) It was made on August 5, 1902 and sat on the shelf until it was purchased by my Great Great Grandfather in 1905, which he carried the rifle in the last years he rode with the calvelry till 1910 (As what has been dug up, I dont know how much of it rings true, I have no proof of the year because the photos of him carrying the rifle are not dated). I know this only by a search done by the Wild Bill Cody Museum last year. I hooked up with the son of one of the curators that told me he could find out all I needed to know on the rifle. That said... The gentilemen (his father)I talked to on the phone and e-maild the pics of the rifle and my Grandfather to, made an offer to purchase the rifle from me. He said it was worth $8,000.00 to $13,000.00. I have not heard of rifles going for this much and after checking around on this site I dont see how this price could be honest. He also added if I were to take it to auction it could bring as much as $30,000.00 to $33,000.00 because of the rifles history, and the right buyer was wanting it.

Does this sound like B.S.? I would sell it for $8,000.00 in a heart beat, I'm not that attached to the rifle anyhow. But I dont want to give it away either if $8,000.00 is the least it's worth.

The only thing on the rifle that is not original is the stop for the slide on the rear sight that keeps the sight from sliding off the top. The stop was installed by a smith at the Cody Museum.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what years were the 94 made with a safety behind the hammer? this is a 30-30 with a slide type safety behind the hammer that is thump operated, i have never seen one before this. Does it have any added value? thanks for any info.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I acquired a Winchester model 94 serial #4043416 circa 1974. Unfired, in original box. There are no printing of MFG. or caliber on the barrel, just proof stamp on top of barrel and receiver.

Gun has minor handling rust on bottom and side of receiver.
    Question: is there any interest or collector value of missing MFG. and caliber on barrel?

Perhaps one of a kind or a batch??? Please reply.

Doug Hanneman 208-454-0116 or reply at www.foxy12@cableone.net.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have a winchester model 94 serial number 1642002 made in 1950 and i was wanting to know what the value on it is does anyone know?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bought a winchester model 94, octagon barrel, 30 cal. serial number puts it from 1900. Great shape and also comes with a letter from Winchester. My question is. this gun came with a 4 round magazine. Have not seen that before and letter even states that it was made at the factory this way. Was wondering on value for this oddity and why would someone want a 4 shot versus a 1/2. 3/4, or full magazine? thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would like to find a octagon barrel, crescent butt stock model 94 but I have no idea what years they were made. I have a Classic in my collection but I would like to find a shooter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What do you guys consider to be the most desirable of the older 94's. I really would like to have one with a crescent butt stock, but I have seen them in round,Octagon and half octagon/round barrels. Is it just personal or would one expect to pay more for a particular type of barrel. I am talking a gun you could shoot but also be in a collectable group. I've looked at most the gun sellers on line and they are all over the board on price and no particular design seems to lead in cost except those of special ordered guns and fancy grade wood.
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Total B.S.
    Unless special or with condition, over priced at a grand. 101
  • Options
    MikeinScappooseMikeinScappoose Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it would have to have some special features to be worth that much.IE:very low serial number,special engraving,factory letter.special barrel/stock configuration,etc.
    You're g.fathe would have to be very famous to bring that price on a stock rifle.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PUT YOUR GUN AND YOUR INFO ON THE AUCTION AND SEE WHAT HAPPENEDS.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks so much for your input. If something sounds to good to be true , most of the time it is. I just wonder why I was told it was worth so much, from a such a person. Thanks for keeping my thoughts in check.
  • Options
    Iroquois ScoutIroquois Scout Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unknown to some collectors, the U.S. Government did indeed purchase some Winchester Model 1894 carbines for issue to troops in the west for foraging. These were standard carbines, but on the receiver bridge will be marked U.S. and the ordnance dept. flameing bomb. All of these carbines that have been found are in the 850,000 serial number range, which would place the date of manufacture sometime in 1919 rather then 1905. Also, collectors sometimes run across .30-30 cartridges with full metal jacketed round nose bullets and these are believed to be for these carbines. Post a full deception of your carbine with all of it's markings and maybe we can tell if it is genuine. I agree with the other posters in that I think that the price that you were offered is on the high side. Best of luck. Scout