In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fully Functional Model 1921 Thompson SMG

Dwight4501Dwight4501 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
Hi experts, check out eBay 3313889675 that is fixing to be up in a few hours. This is one of those full auto model guns made by MGC of Japan in the 90's. My question is about the drum magazine. Item description claims 50rnd functional wind up drum. Although the gun is a model, is the drum the same as a real 50 rnd drum. In other words, would it fit a real 1921 or even the 1927A1 semi auto look a like? I never could get that guy to send me some close up pictures of the drum to see if it was a Thompson drum fitted to the model. Also, is it ATF legal to own since it will fire full auto? THANKS!!!
Dwight4501@aol.com

Comments

• PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Drum wont work in the real thing, Its legal to own as it cannot and will not fire live ammo although some of these were reportedly converted (illegally) to fire .22 lr . What it fires is a dummy cartridge with a plastic toy cap in the head of the bullet. If you dont have fifty of the dummy rounds you cant fill the drum
    "the Guy" probably wouldnt send pictures because he knew the answer was no..