In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need help on research

shwnwoshwnwo Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
i need help on researching a frinds gun. his discreption (hes going to bring it to me in a few days ) is appears to be an oak stock, no bayonette lug, approximately 4 foot long, undetermined cal. but approximately size of thumb, the real kicker is tore down there is not a single mark for id. nothing... it was given to him by an old? man who didnt know what it was. can any one direct me in the right spot/ where to go on the internet, or possible make. im new on research and with out markings lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the Forums: There's a bunch of People on this Web Site who will be most happy to be of some small service to you in your search for knowledge....In my considered opinion...a Photo will be deffinately be needed...along with a Complete and total discription..
    That means exactly what it implies...A complete and Total discription....I/We await your pleasure........best....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    Iroquois ScoutIroquois Scout Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please send pictures and we will see what we can do for you. As the good Capt. said, also send a complete discription, overall length, barrel length, approximate caliber and any marking or number that you can find whether it looks important or not. One of the hardest things about trying to indentify firearms over the net is that people don't think that this mark or this number is important, after all if it was important why would they have hidden it under the wood?

Captkirk,
    Congratulations on number 1800!
    Scout