In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WHAT'S THE MARKET VALUE OF THIS A.R.???

justright58justright58 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
I HAVE A PRE-BAN COLT SHORTY W/ LIGHT WEIGHT 16 INCH BARREL(1/7 TWIST), FACTORY FLASH HIDER, FACTORY 2-POSITION COLLAPSABLE STOCK. STAMPED: COLT A-2 SPORTER II.
EXCELLENT CONDITION.
ANY IDEA WHAT IT'S WORTH?[?]

Comments

• Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    If the serial number is verified as a preban weapon and the condition is as stated, you are probably looking at around 1600 to 2100 depending on the market. Some go for less (as low as 1100) and some for more (as much as 2600). Right now a lot of folks are waiting to see if the Ban sunsets.

Good luck

JuJu (who loves AR's)
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agrree with juju but the real expert on these arms is Mr. Mark Christian. Perhaps Mark will come by. 101
  • Options
    martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree that the market value can vary greatly. Time of year and who is looking for it at the time of sale. Take for for example, my friend ran a GI M14 flash hider on the auctions here. Started it at $75.00 no bid the first two times he ran it. The third time two guy were bidding on it and the price ran up to $101.00. I've seen this same thing happen with guns. That is why when you look at completed auction you can see a big span in selling price for the same gun. For a Colt $1100 and up seems to be the starting price. As far as the ban leaving us, I doubt it. But we can all hope for the best.