In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need Anschutz info (Match 64) .22 cal

625625 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
I've been offered a Match 64 in trade for another rifle, but I know nothing about the Match 64. I realize the Anschutz name is pretty highly thought of, but that's about it. I'd like to know an approx value, based on the owner's 95% condition estimate, and two sets of sights. If any of you folks have any experience with this rifle, I'd be interested in opinions as well.

Thanks, Jay

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Some of my pics
http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/index.html

Comments

• Options
    martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now you say it's a 64 match. If that is on the gun it's an older rifle. This a good gun. The newer ones will be a four digit model number (1413 only an example) but can still be a 64 match. I think they went to the four digit number in the late 70's not sure. If the gun is an older model, the sights and trigger group aren't as good as the newer ones in my opion. However a gun of older vintage no modern upgrades with Anschutz sight 375-450. The extra set of sights front and rear(Anschutz)125-175. Just the rear sight will bring 75-125. More modern sights will bring more money.
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Ansh?tz still makes a few riffels in model 64.

It is a Silhuette rifle, but is also made as a Multi-Purpose version.
    The Multi-Purpose is made as singleshot and as 5-shot magazine with repeater-action (bolt-action)
    Some models allows for a Magazine-Dummy, where you convert it from Magazine-fed to singleshot.

Ansh?tz makes incredibly good rifles, both for hunting and for silhuette targetting.

Always shot Ansh?tz rifles at ranges when shooting at paper-targets/silhuettes.

Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • Options
    martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy, The newer 64mpr are they marked 64 match on the gun. I didn't think they were. The older match guns like I had were only marked 64 match no model. The closest model they make today that I've seen to the old 64 match is the 1903. These are built on a 64 match action. The 64mpr I would not really consider a match rifle althought you could use it for that purpose. I may be wrong maybe they still do mark all the guns 64 match that use the 64 match action. Maybe someone here will give us a good answer.