In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mailing old Rimfire Pocket Models.

1904Win1904Win Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
I am considering listing an old Victor no. 3 Rimfire and Whitney
Rimfire. Since these were made before 1879 and have no serial nos., are there any special FFL requirements for mailing? If so,
is there a difference between mailing within Pennsylvania and
mailing outside Pennsylvania? Thanks for the help..

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No offense meant Sir, BUT in this day and age I don't believe it's wise to be mailing any handguns through the U S P S.
    It's been my personal experience, that most of the Postal Employees, don't know a pre 1898 handgun from a pimple on their rectum.
    Trust me on this, it will cost you more to send FedEx, but you will be avoiding a lot of trouble with the Feds, if somebody finds a handgun in a package your mailing.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To answer your question, an unlicensed person may ship any rimfire firearm made before 1899 by USPS legally IF the rimfire ammunition that it fires is no longer made in the US or is not readily available through ordinary commercial trade channels. (See USPS Pub 52, section 432.)

In addition, receipt of any firearm, including antiques, must be legal in the state/county/city to which it is to be shipped. (See ATF P5300.4.)

Neal
  • Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    quote:To answer your question, an unlicensed person may ship any rimfire firearm made before 1899 by USPS legally IF the rimfire ammunition that it fires is no longer made in the US or is not readily available through ordinary commercial trade channels. (See USPS Pub 52, section 432.)

This is true only for REPLICAS of antique firearms. There is no such restriction for original antique firearms.