In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good price for a Tikka Whitetail?

Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
I bought a used Tikka Whitetail hunter in a 25-06 for the boys first gun. It was $329 with the rings and mounts already on the rifle and they will mount and bore sight his scope (3x10-50 Monarch)for free. The gun has some small scratches and dings on the stock but not bad. Everything else looked good. I have 30 days to return if I do not like it. Is this a good price or can I do better?

Also, do they make a after market recoil pad (preferably limbsaver) for this model gun? Thanks for any help.

Mad Dog

Comments

• D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    From what I've seen on these you done pretty good, how does it shoot?
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would say you got a real deal.I wasnt familiar with the gun until I won one about three yrs ago.Ive found them to be smoothe well built and very accurate.Congratulations on a great new gun.

Best!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not taken the scope to them to mount it. I just got the gun yesterday and will shoot it next week. Thay are supposed to shoot less than a 1" moa from what I have heard.

Mad Dog
  • Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good combo. Great rifle.

If your son doesn't care for it, adopt me, and I'll gladly accept it for the birthdays you already missed.

Born on Leapyear, so I already got shortchanged.

Happy Bullet Holes!
  • danthemandantheman Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    great buy. dings on the stock can easily be fixed with an iron and a wet washcloth. It should shoot great!!!