In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is a REM LSS recoil pad replacable?

Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
I bought a 7mm Ultra Mag in the Rem 700 LSS model (Laninated stock, stainless steel). I had a local gunsmith try to replace the recoil pad with the limbsaver recoil pad. When I went to pick it up he had made a few small scars on the pad/stock connection point and was unable to remove the original pad. He said it could not be replaced on the laminate stock and was waiting to hear back from someone to verify it.
Does anyone know a way to change these or are they permanent? Thanks for any help.

Mad Dog

Comments

• 101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you do not have a smith that is worth crapola.
    I suggest that you contact Remington. Perhaps the pads were glued/epoxy connected to the stock. Only a suggestion. 101
  • mbrookmbrook Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many times heat has to be applied to "loosen" the expoy/glue in order to remove the pad. Most smiths have a heat gun for such a purpose.

"When one responsibly procures his family's dinner by hand, each meal becomes a sacred rite. It is good, and so is the feast!" --Ted Nugent