In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

old gun

cam7296cam7296 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a 1875 BISLEY in 38WCF ser # 229988.Would like to know about what it is worth before I put it up for bid.I also so have a WIN. 1892 38WCF also in fair shape.

Comments

• cam7296cam7296 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ANY INFO ON MARKING C.S. 1864. 16 INCH OCTAGON BARREL,CURVED STOCK.NOT SURE WHAT IT IS.
    edited November -1
    I have an old shotgun that was left to me by my father when he died whose father left it to him and so on.I can not find any info about this gun.It is an Springfield Arms 12Ga. doublebarrel and all the serial numbers match.I would like to get some info on this gun such as the value.if anyone colud help me on this i would be real grateful.Thank you.
    edited November -1
    Hi,
    I have a Remington smooth bore .32 short or Long R F. It's Pat July 22, 1902. some other #'s on the barrel are s 105 200 best I can make out. I'd appreciate any info at all.
    Thanks,
    Jan
    edited November -1
    [img][/img]Fullgun1.jpg[img][/img]gun1.jpggun2.jpggun6.jpggun3.jpggunbutt.jpg
    edited November -1
    I am new to this and accidently hir the post button before I had the text in.
    As you see in the photo's from the last posting. I acquired this gun a couple of weeks ago after my brother and I (finally), 10 years after his death split up some of his belongings. This old gun was always one of my favorites. It hung on the wall at my parents house since the mid 60's. I remember as a kid jgoing with my dad and retreiving it from my great uncle's farm after he passed on. I do know that his father, {my great grand father brought it with them from Germany when they immigrated here in the late 1800's. I would like to know more history on this and an approximate value. I have done searches and have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Galen
    edited November -1
    I got an old Winchester 22 pump model 1906. Do I need a dealer to sell this gun. I understand it is an antique.

Carlo A. Marinuzzi sr.
    edited November -1
    NEED HELP.have an old gun need help on it.left side of barrell read,fabrique d'armes de guerre hersta-belgque.browning patent depose.right on barrell readcal 7 m/m 65 and unknown markings on top.gun is blue with black plastic grips.in circle looks like nf or fn.don't know.i would appreciate any help on,How old this gun might be and value of gun.gun is about 90%.thanks,bobby
    edited November -1
    my father found a old gun wrapped in wax paper in an old barn when he was a child its a doulbe barrel muzzaloader has engaveings on the sides beautiful gun only thing we found on the gun is a name john arnold do u know anything about this gun i looked everywhere cant find anything on it thank you for your time
  • CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun is not classified as an antique since it was made after 1898. You do not need a dealer to sell the gun, but you must ship the gun to a dealer or C&R licensee if you ship interstate.

GunBroker has an excellent resource on their home page about all this.

Scrappy Doo sleeps with the fishes.
  • martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sell it here on the auction page. Always a good source of buyers and you usually will get more than if you try to sell locally. Nice old Winchesters are always in demand.