In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kimber Question

ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
I was told today that Kimber doesn't make their slides or frames. I was told that Smith and Wesson makes them. Is this true? I seem to recall that Kimber Glotes about how close their tolerances are and how everything is manufactured under the strictest quality control and on the greatest state of the art equipment. Can you help me? I told the guy I thought he was wrong but now I need to know, if only for my piece of mind.

When Clinton left office they gave him a 21 gun salute. Its a damn shame they all missed....

Edited by - 4GodandCountry on 09/30/2002 17:45:23

Comments

• ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the difference between a Kimber and a Kimber Custom Shop?

I shot my friend's Kimber Custom Shop Ultra Carry, and I really liked it, but I've never shot any other Kimber to compare it to.

Thanks!
    edited November -1
    A guy had a "Kimber Super Custom Match" .45 with an extra clip. Asking $2,300. Was labeled NIB. Anyone know ant thing about this firearm? Value? Thanks
    edited November -1
    I recently bought a Kimber Compact Custom made in Yonkers, New York. I did not find information in the "Blue Book" on this location of manufacture. Is this an older model for Kimber? I would also like to know the value of this piece. It retains 85-90% of original finish. Just has some bluing wear from apparent holstering.
    edited November -1
    Could anyone tell me the difference between the Kimber Series I models and the Kimber Series II? Thanks.

Ron
    edited November -1
    I am looking at a used Pro Elite and Pro CDP II. I have been told to go with the Pro Elite because it lacks the Schwartz safety and it will be easier to tune the trigger. Any pros on cons on these two guns. thanks, mk
    edited November -1
    Ultra Carry I and Ultra Carry II - What's the difference?
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All Kimber II modles have a firing pin safety disconect feature.

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
    edited November -1
    Thank you, sir.