In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A TAYLOR MUZZLELOADER

chewy_7598chewy_7598 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited June 2003 in Ask the Experts
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFO ON A MUZZLELOADER, IT SAYS IT IS A TAYLOR MUZZLELOADER MADE IN UNION CITY INDIANA,this muzzleloader belongs to a friend, I have never seen the gun, I know he said that it was made in tha 1800's, thats all I know at this time will try to find more about it so I can post a better description, ANYONE WITH SOME INFO PLEASE EMAIL ME AT MCOX75@EARTHLINK.NET, THANKS

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Are You talking about an ANTIQUE or a Modern Muzzleloader...Flintlock or Percussion? Half Stock or Full Stock..We Need a discription...of just what You have.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    I've gone thru my database again and also went thru My collection of Books on American Gun Makers...I can find nothing anywhere having information on a Maker named TAYLOR living in Indiana...
    I've heard of makers that only made 1 or 2 Rifles, but basically were unknown to the world in general...My Satterlee and Gluckman, American Gun Makers show several Taylors as Gun Makers, But the Time Frame is Wrong..This is Why I asked if it was a Modern Made Gun..? I've owned at least 50 Plains Rifles, Full Stock Kentucky's, Mississippi Rifles, Squirrel Rifles and Muskets...Both Percussion and Flintlock...There were and are a bunch of Modern Makers out there that make some Pretty Neat Rifles today...and they Look just pertnear Perfect in Style and Looks as the Old Ones....My suggestion to You is to tell Your friend to Contact the Union City, Indiana City/County and State Tax Assessors Office..and check the Tax Rolls...If TAYLOR was an Active Gun Maker or Blacksmith or Both....You'll probably have found your man......I wish You Well........

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff