In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Traditions .50 bolt actions WARNING!

BarebowBarebow Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
I recently purchased a traditions .50 evolution long distance and had some problems with the bolt assembly firing the gun as the bolt was being lifted to open the action .There is no fail safe on the bolt assembly to prevent this from happening.I have contacted traditions and am waiting for a rsponse..The situation was a combination of a improperly adjusted firing pin and fouling on the firing pin / bolt assembly and an over all very poorly designed bolt system..This is my first muzzleloader and although it is an awsome shooter I imagine I should have looked around at the vast array of muzzleloaders on the market..I still cannot believe how unsafe this gun is..Does anyone else out there own one of theses guns and experienced the same problem???I contacted traditions and told them I would like to send the rifle back for their inspection to see if indeed the firing pin is adjusted correctly and also check the bold handle.It seems that a weld may have possibly broken where the handle is welded onto the bolt body creating a very wobbly bolt handle