In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

thompson encore vs. savage striker

yardneryardner Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
I am interested in acquiring a hunting pistol and have narrowed down my search to either a Encore .243 or a Savage Striker in the same caliber. Most of my hunting is done in western Oklahoma. I think I would like the option that the Striker holds two rounds although I think you could reload the Encore pretty quick also. I have not handled a Striker, there is not any dealers in 120 miles of me that stock one. Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    The Striker has 3 round capacity, better trigger, on/off muzzle brake, bolt is on the left side so a right handed pistol shooter can operate quickly. Mine is a .308 and I love it.

Signature:

Signature checkbox
    checked by default?: Yes No
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    Does the Savage have interchangeable barrels?

"Keep dangereous weapons out of the hands of fools-start with computers"
  • Options
    260260 Member Posts: 1,134
    edited November -1
    go with the encore.
  • Options
    zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No interchangeable barrel on the Savage. I also have a Striker in 308 with muzzle brake, scope, and bi-pod. Love it [:)]

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
  • Options
    yardneryardner Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, I think I am leaning towards the Striker in a .243 caliber. This has been one of my favorite loads for many years. I guess I will just have to order it in.
  • Options
    b00merb00mer Member Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BUY BOTH :)[}:)]

Its really hard to soar with the Eagles, when you are stuck with turkeys!