In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

03A3

lurtherlurther Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have an 03A3 in great condition all Remington with cleaning kit. what is it worth?

Comments

• lurtherlurther Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello
    Been thinking about getting a Remington 03A3 Seen a couple at gun shows but don't know much about how to tell a good one from a not so good one. Would I better off just getting one from the CMP. Just want a shooter
    Lurther
  • KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If only wanting a shooter, Lurther, it shouldn't be too hard a chore to find one. You'll mainly be interested in the condition of the bore. If it's still shiny, no problem. If clean but dark, it's pretty pitted. Check the bolt face for erosion around the firing pin hole. Look at the front sight to assure it isn't bent or beat upon, same for the rear sight - the peep should move both up and down and side to side with moderate effort. Don't worry about the furniture - a few nicks and dings won't hurt anything. Same for the parkerized finish. That stock was designed in the early 1900's to fit the average soldier of the time - the short length of pull and the drop in the buttstock is a poor fit for today's average guy. They usually beat on you from a benchrest.

Keep off the Ridgeline
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Smith-Corona built o3-a3 is about as good as they get. They have 4 groove barrels and all 4 that I have are very accurate.

Mobuck