In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt government 1911 special WWII Remanufacture

PAPA-BEARPAPA-BEAR Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone heard of a special 700 gun run of original WWII slides that colt discovered and made in classic model 70 style?

gerald clark

Comments

• Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Never heard of it.....but....if Colt misplaced 700 WWII slides, it wouldn't surprise me.

My father worked there before and after WWII, and I know a lot of other people who worked there.

Now I know of a lot of people who think that the place they work is the most screwed up company in the world...but, Colt employees absolutely know that their's is! [:D]

Sorry 'bout that, Judge Colt....but I made a New Years' Resolution to tell the truth this year. [;)]
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this may be what you're thinking of:

http://www.colt.com/CMCI/1911WWI.asp

"A faithful reproduction of the WWI Model 1911 U.S. Military sidearm. Throughout American History, Colt's weapons have given American Servicemen the confidence to succeed in combat. As the Colt Walker and Peacemaker revolvers contributed immeasurably to American success in past conflicts, Colt's 1911 pistols and their descendents were in the hands of confident, WWI, WWII, Korean and Vietnam American Servicemen. In recognition of the contribution of the Colt .45, Colt reproduces it in detail, including packaging. Each 1911 will be shipped with an original WWI style screwdriver."