In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ithaca m-49 books

shanmac1shanmac1 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
I had my Ithica m-49 in for repair but my gunsmith passed away before he got the gun fixed I wanted to know if there is any publication that can help me in assembleing the gun it is in component parts right now I have the new parts that were broken but I neet to know how to assemble it the right way any help that I can get would be apprecated

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Shane...

Sorry to here about your 'smith... it sucks losing people you know & like[:(]

Have you tried contacting Ithaca[?] http://www.ithacagun.com/

Or maybe finding a new 'smith (something you will probably need to do eventually anyway).

I own a nice little Model 49 Saddle Gun, but in all the years I have had it (Xmas of 1967), it has never malfunctioned, nor have I ever had it completely apart. If you find a parts or repair manual for yours, please let me know... I wouldn't mind having the information just in case.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Numrich gun parts has schematics available for this gun for $1.50. Is your the repeater or single shot? There is nothing to the single shot. I have had mine apart so many times I could do it blindfolded but don't have any experience with the repeater.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info on Numrich Gun Parts I looked them up last night and I am ordering the drawnings mine is a M-49 repeater I always wanted a good 22 leaver gun and the price was right on this one.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shanmac1
    Thanks for the info on Numrich Gun Parts I looked them up last night and I am ordering the drawnings mine is a M-49 repeater I always wanted a good 22 leaver gun and the price was right on this one.

Shane... if your M-49 has a lever on it, it is a single shot... not a repeater. The M-49R is a slide action (pump) repeater.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My mistake brain went out to lunch for a bit