In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shotgun question????

Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have an old (purchased new in the mid-60's) Universal Auto-Wing. It was made in Bresica Italy and imported by Universal. Does anyone have any data and/or knowledge on this gun? I would like to replace the barrel if there is a replacement available.

NRA ENdowment, CRPA Life, NRA ILA EVC, Past President NRA Members Council
Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem. Semper Fidelis
marinesega2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The books I have here do not show any auto imported by Universal Shootist, all seem to be superposed, sxs or singles. I have a book at home I can check and get back here on Friday if I find anything.

He Dog
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We just recently had a very similar thread,regarding these shotguns.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=84932

Unfortunately since they were imported so long ago, and Universal has been out of business for such a long time, we couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shootist, I did some looking and finally found the Autowing listed in Modern Gun values. It did not give me a manufacturer, but the description (European walnut pistol grip stock) was almost identical on all the models. I went to Carders SxS's of the Worldand found that all of the sxs models were made by Baikal in Eastern Germany. If yours says Italy, then likely Mark Christian is correct and it is Breda. MGV gave the model (introduced in 1970, discontinued in 1974) $150 in perfect condition, $125 in Exc, and $100 in VG. The 10th ed of this book is several years old, but the latest. Good Luck!

He Dog