In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Information on Remington Rifle

mktcookmktcook Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
I had a Remington-Lee Magazine Rifle with date marks 1907-15 on it brought into my gun store. I have very little information about this firearm. I would like to know caliber and ammo information and also need a magazine for this firearm. It is in 60-70% condition and would like a value on it also.

Michael E. Cook, Manager
Bay Area Firearms LLC
North Bend, Oregon
541-756-4300

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Believe the rifle is a Berthier ( Model 1907/15, French Army Rifle ). Remington made just under 10,000 for the frogs during the First World War. The Remington Lee was made during the 1880's & 90's, completely different rifle.

French%20Mannlicher%20Berthier%20M.1916%20Training%20Rifle%204.jpg

If it looks like this it takes the standard French 8mm Lebel Rifle Cartridge. You need a special (3) shot clip for it to function. Both the clips and the ammo aren't real common or easy to get anymore. You have to hunt them up from Mil-Surp dealers on line, or folks who specialize in ammo for the old military rifles.
  • Options
    turtles11756turtles11756 Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.remingtonsociety.com