In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

boxes for shipping long guns

calamitywoodcalamitywood Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
Where is a good place to buy boxes for shipping long guns. I'm tired of scrounging around for one everytime i sell a gun! [:(!]

Comments

• Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    E-Bay sells a lot of empty boxes, but you're likely going to pay a bit for them (plus the shipping costs seem rather insane).

Could you hit a UPS/Mailboxes Etc. store and find something adequate?
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well , too bad your not real close , we end up with so many from the orders we recive (surplus guns ect.) that once a week we burn some (and keep a few)...maybe ask some of the surplus gun dist. where they buy them ?
    Good Luck !
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i'll give that a try thanks
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    we end up with so many from the orders we recive (surplus guns ect.) that once a week we burn some (and keep a few)...

Heads up, but on E-Bay (yeah, I know people hate them) these boxes can command something in the neighborhood of $15-30/box plus shipping. If you've lots of them, I'd rather make some money selling what is literally garbage for you than to burn it away.

Just my two cents, though.
  • Options
    pphillipspphillips Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brownells has long gun shipping cartons in boxes of five for around $80.00.

Phil
  • Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've always grabbed them from the gunshop down the road, or from the retail area at a local range. When they get new inventory, they only keep a few boxes (as above post).

Now I'm one just keeping a few too.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I buy them from Uline; you've got to buy a bunch, but they are so cheap that it doesn't matter.

Neal
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If there is a School bus repair shop around you or a school bus supply business (parts house) ask for some DOOR GLASS boxes. They work great. They are a bit large. You can cut them down or add extra packing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks guys for the great suggestions.