In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FN five seven

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
I'm in the market. I've shot a buds - sweet. Looking in the GB auctions some ads mention a "new frame". Does anyone know what the frame changes were?

Thanks guys,
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does anybody here own one? Would any of the experts here consider owning one? I have a gun collecting itch and I think that this one would be a good piece to add to my collection. I understand that right now the ammo one can buy is not armor piercing and one can only get a 10 round mag for it unless they are LE. Im basically curious as to how they perform and if they are worth the 800 to 900 bucks

WordBorn!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any idea if this pistol/caliber will even be "un-blacklisted?"
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just read an article on this gun. it did not mention anything about a frame change. I too am interested in this gun. Supposedly this round is a body armor penetrator according to the article. Serious fire power. I'd call the Five Seven a zipper round. FN's quality is superb.
  • Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    I think the main changes have been to the trigger guard. There is another forum devoted to these pistols. I am curious about them too. I picked one up in the store, and if I wasn't sure about the maker I would assume that they were a toy, because of all the plastic. I always assume though that if FN makes it, it has to be good.