In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lyman 1200 DPS II

rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone had any experience with this unit? It is a combined digital scale and powder dispenser. How does it compare to the RCBS or PACT units?

I already have a digital scale and powder measure so this is a luxury and not a reloading necessity.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just asked this same question a few days ago, got some negative feedback on the Lyman so decided to not buy one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did a search and read all the previous posts for this topic. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay the extra for the RCBS unit.

Maybe that is why the Lyman is on sale.
  • Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi,

I was looking at the same thing and also asked the same question on this forum.

You can go to Midway and read their customer ratings for a good idea of how well each powder scale functions. Quite frankly, I wasn't impressed.

http://www.midwayusa.com/

After reading all I could find on these three dispensing/scale systems, I opted for the Redding BR3 benchrest powder measure.

Regards,

Heavyiron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I read the reviews on the benchrest site and they seem to favor the RCBS.