In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Norinco Copy of Walther Olympia question

Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
Are the chinese pistols in spec with the original like the Tokarevs and 1911's are. Basically would a Walther mag work in the chinese copy TT?

Comments

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have always been curious about the quaility of the norinco olympia. anyone have one? very handsome
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I spoke with a few owners before buying....they praised the gun very much. They wouldnt sell me theirs so thats saying something I guess.
  • Options
    joel_blackjoel_black Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have both a pre-war Walther and the Navy Arms import. The import is an excellent copy that only is lesser in regards to the quality of the wood grips. The magazines and weights interchange, so I imagine most of the other part will as well. At the time he imported them, I told Val Forgett the only mistake he made with them was to price them too low. People thought they must not have been good quality, because of the price.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks...I wish I could afford a real Walther but this will have to do.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I bought one about 7 years ago when they were being closed out. I thought it was a good deal at $140. I have been happy with mine. I also was able to buy several extra mags from CDNN at the time for $10 each.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    had one once...cheap..shot great...didnt need the funky front weight...had really cheesy wood grips...its now somewhere in the arkansas river east of gt. bend....canoes are tippy
  • Options
    ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    I have one and like it, except for the lousy grips. Guess I will make a set someday. I have never used the front weight, either. It shoots good!
    Tom