In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Arminex Trifire

TaiChiTaiChi Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a Arminex Trifire 45 ACP NIB and would like to find out what it might be worth. It is a standard model 5" bbl with a 3 digit serial #13x.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jimthompson502002jimthompson502002 Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Arminex TriFire was a Jim Mongello design from the 80's, which
    I tested for publication. They are VERY uncommon, and I would imagine price would depend upon which kits you have. "TriFire"
    means 3 calibers... Changing out ejector, extractor, barrel...
    very quickly! The sold for about what a Colt of the time would; but
    I don't know if there's a collector's market.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about your pistol? But Mongello's original design was going to utilize a turning barrel, with a mechanism similar to the Austro-Hungarian Steyr Hahn of 1911. He was so eager to study the small number of pistols that had used this design in the past, that he bought my Obregon for $2,000. That was pretty fair money in 1982.

Ironically although Mongello's turning barrel pistol wasn't a success. Beretta brought a similar pistol to the marketplace in the mid 90"s, ( Cougar's ). There still in production, although now in Beretta's Turkish factory,( sold under the Stoeger name ).