In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR upper in 5.45x39mm?

ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
Rumor has it the someone is or has come out with a AR upper in the Russian 5.45x39mm caliber. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    I think alexander arms and olympic arms makes uppers in 5.45x39mm. The Alexander upper may be a custom option these days.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    S&W is selling them and so is Model 1 Sales.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The S&W's have been backordered from the begining. Last update I got was late July but I haven't seen one yet. When I checked Mod 1, he said sometime in August. C-Products is supposed to have mags but they're also backordered.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Stick with the high end brands or you may come too regret it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    The S&W's have been backordered from the begining. Last update I got was late July but I haven't seen one yet. When I checked Mod 1, he said sometime in August. C-Products is supposed to have mags but they're also backordered.

I have seen 5.45x39 work in a stock AR mag.

Military Gun Supply had some S&W upper not to long ago and Model 1 has the uppers advertized in the newer Shotgun News.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    Stick with the high end brands or you may come too regret it.

Most of the "High End Brands" get their receivers and parts from the same places the no namers do or actually get their parts from the little guys. Only a very few make their own stuff. Olympic being one, and one that I have seen many issues with.

Model 1 has good stuff.
  • Options
    ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would appreciate contact info on these companies you mentioned, thanks. I am not familiar with Model 1 , and from what was said the S&W does not look like a good choice if on back order for the last several months.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    maybe you should do some more research on oly arms. If mags can be found they would be your best bet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    militarygunsupply.com

model1sales.com

Not listed on Model 1 Sales website, but it was in their advertisement in Shotgun News.

And according to what I have seen, and read in such works as Patrick Sweeney's books on the AR, Oly Arms makes their own stuff.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wehrmacht_45
    militarygunsupply.com

model1sales.com

Not listed on Model 1 Sales website, but it was in their advertisement in Shotgun News.

And according to what I have seen, and read in such works as Patrick Sweeney's books on the AR, Oly Arms makes their own stuff.

+1 I have checkeds with them quite often, they seem to be well stocked. Though I think Patrick Sweeny is a sell out.