In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Smith&Wesson M&P15 Problem foward pivot pin

Eternal Sun 111666Eternal Sun 111666 Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have a S&W M&P15, and if so has anybody had any issues releasing/sliding out the foward pivot pin to separate the upper from the lower? Mine would not budge, and when I went to two other gunshops in the area to check out other M&P15's, 4 out of 5 rifles would not budge either. Now this only now has become a problem to me because mine finally "budged", but took a small piece (chip) of the lower with it, and is very disturbing to me especially when this is supposed to be a part of normal field stripping procedure. Anybody else have this happen or have issues with this forward pivot pin?

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say you messed up. I've seen some new lowers with tight detents that require lots of care to prevent oops like yours. I always put some lube on the detent pin and spring-there's not much sand here. Work that pin in and out several times before adding the upper.