In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who is the Expert on old Ammo value? Pic Added.

41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have two boxes of 20ea 38 cal Frankfort Arsanel ammo. Both boxes are unopend. One box has a stamp 1905 on it the other box has a lot number of 1912 in the description. Trying to determine the value. I can take a couple pics of each and email them if someone who knows old ammo doesn't mind helping me determine a value. Since email here hasn't been working I'll post my email addy wilmot@pioneercable.net Thanks in advance. Here's a pic of the two boxes of ammo in question. I also have other pics if anyone wants to see them.

328265965.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Collector ammo values are tough to judge, even advanced collectors tend to shy away from guessing at values.
    With your 2 boxes, condition will be critical in the valuation, along with rarity (old dosn't mean rare) and desirability (box collectors are a small subset of cartridge collectors).

As a relitive novice, and having no interest in boxes, I'd guess $20-30 each for the boxes you have (and I could well be off a fair amount in either direction).