In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

45 colt

bghaugbghaug Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in Ask the Experts
I've seen a few different things on this. Is 45 colt different from 45 long colt? Some sites have those listed in different sections some don't. Also what about 45 Schofield. Any information on this would help.

Thanks,
Shane

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    My mom would like to know what a 45 colt used in WW1 would be worth. My dad has passed away and she has no idea.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can 45 acp sies be used to load 45 colt?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My mother has inherited a colt 45 and I'm trying to learn more about it. She's had offers on it and we don't know it's value. It is good condition. On the gun is printed: PAT SEPT 1871 JULY 2 72 JAN 19 75. Serial number 137247. The barrel is 4 3/4 the finish is Colored Case/Blue. Any information on this gun and it's value would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, I have a colt 45 auto and on one side of slide there is japan stamped on it. It looks like it was rather poorly stamped. is this a copy or somthing done after war ?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm guessing that you have a pot metal reproduction (a toy).

But, you will only get guesses here unless you post photos.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

Neal
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Japanese non-guns were made of zinc alloy, (pot metal). Put a magnet on the slide, if it doesn't stick you got one of them.

Japan banned their manufacture in the 60's because they were way to close to the real thing. Because of this their value of gone up. You might get some fair money for it on the auction.