In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SIG Magazine Spring Question

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited October 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have a very old SIG-Sauer factory magazine. I think it was made in Germany. The body is parkerized steel. On the left side, it is marked, "SIG SAUER P229 .40." The witness holes are on the back, rather than on the side as with my other mags.

The spring is a little weak, and I want to replace it. Springs for the current magazines will not work. This magazine uses a narrower spring, like a single stack, and the mag body has dimples in each side to allow for the narrow spring.

I went to the SIG website, but there is no way to contact them by email.

I dismantled a magazine from my P6 and the spring in that mag is shorter and narrower, so it won't interchange.

Yes, I have been a SIG armorer. That means I have been trained how to take one apart and put it back together. I have not been trained on model variations and what parts interchange.

Anyhow, I would like a replacement spring for this magazine. If I can't find one through one of my Gunbroker friends, I will try calling the factory next week. Thanks.

Comments