In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Volquartsen Ruger MKIII accurizing kit

martinicadetmartinicadet Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone installed one of these kits for the Ruger MK III pistol? Did it "drop in" as they say and was it worth the money ? thanks Don

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Without knowing your mechanical ability it would be very hard to know if you would consider this drop in . If you are able to remove the original parts then most likely you would be able to install new replacement parts . You WILL NEED the parts breakdown picture that came with the pistol and you MAY need to take the pistol apart 4 or 5 times AFTER you install new parts to adjust the OVER TRAVEL of the trigger. Is it worth the time and money YESIf I were in the BUSINESS I would charge $50.00 takes one to two hours the first time. I don't work Cheap[;)]
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Without knowing your mechanical ability it would be very hard to know if you would consider this drop in . If you are able to remove the original parts then most likely you would be able to install new replacement parts . You WILL NEED the parts breakdown picture that came with the pistol and you MAY need to take the pistol apart 4 or 5 times AFTER you install new parts to adjust the OVER TRAVEL of the trigger. Is it worth the time and money YESIf I were in the BUSINESS I would charge $50.00 takes one to two hours the first time. I don't work Cheap[;)]

Perry,

I asm not sure when the last time you had any pistolsmith work done, but $50.00/hour, happens to be on the extremely affordable side these days. Especially for one with the knowledge you have about most of the bullseye guns. most are well above the Dollar per Minute rate.

To the original poster...As perry shooter states, if you can get it apart, and practice doing that a few times, then yes, it can be a drop in type procedure. Yes, it is worth the money, however, I would personally prefer the MK-II over the MK-III.

Best

Best
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm cheap. A Clark steel trigger and "Sam's Canadian Bushing" make a real nice upgrade for under $40.00.