In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

American Derringer .223

GrrrrrrrrGrrrrrrrr Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited August 2012 in Ask the Experts
What are the current values for the American Derringer in .223?

I had a 30-30 years ago that I ended up selling to a collector for $1050. I know that there were 55 made in .223 any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Grrrrrrrr

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't mean to digress, but I can't imagine anybody have the cojones to shoot one of those in .223. You wouldn't even have to hit the miscreant, the muzzle blast and flash would cause a massive heart attack.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, but.....not many folks would buy one of those things with the intention of firing it.

This type of "freak & oddity" is directed to a small audience of folks who collect unusual guns, just for the "show off" value. And, because there are so few of these guns, they are rarely seen for sale. Value will fluctuate, so there's really no way to pin a "value" on one.

Grrrrrr, you did well on the .30-30. But, the same gun might sell this week for only $105; it's all in the luck & timing.

Neal
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sold an American Derringer in 45-70 about a year ago, $625 was the best I could do.I know its not as rare as the 223. I was even brave enough to shoot it once [^]
  • Options
    GrrrrrrrrGrrrrrrrr Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy All,

I really like these little derringers. They are quite fun and they really get the looks. Two other fun guns I recently purchased is the .499 LWRC "Mini 50" I have is a two digit serial # . It came with 15 boxes of ammo and 3 magazines. It comes out of the pipe at 2200 FPS and will seriously ruin your day on the receiving end. Plus I own one of 11 BFR's in the same caliber. These little guns are fun to shoot.

Bests

Grrrrrrrr
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you list it on the auction side, start it at a penny, with no reserve, and run it for 7-10 days, at the end of the auction, you will know exactly what todays market will bring.

Best