In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who is the U.S. Distributor for Waffen-Hege?

JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in Ask the Experts
I'm interested in a firearm (blackpowder cartridge) from Waffen-Hege's website. I can't find any information on their site about who the U.S. importer/distributor is for their firearms. I also emailed them but did not receive a reply.

If anyone knows who I can contact in the U.S., I would appreciate it.

Johnny

EDIT

Hawk Carse: If you mean which specific firearm, I haven't decided yet but it will be one of the Colt cartridge conversion revolvers, possibly the Thuer.

4440rk: They are mostly Uberti parts but made/reworked to a higher standard. The models I'm interested in, though blackpowder, are CARTRIDGE blackpowder, thus they would be considered modern firearms.

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which one is that? There might be another source.
  • 4440rk4440rk Member Posts: 495 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I could not find a US distributer. Translating their company info. it appears that a lot (if not all) of their western stuff is made by Uberti.
    That might not be all bad as they say they rework most of them to better spec. They have a lot of WW11 stuff that I wish we could import.

I do not know but is it possible to personally import the black powder firearms direct from their website?
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All the distributors and importers say they get the pick of the litter from Uberti or that they refine them in their own shop.
    They all look about the same to me, except I saw who got the runt of the litter once upon a time.

Private import is not impossible but there are only a few places that will handle it and costs are high.

I did not know anybody was offering a replica Thuer. Do they assure a supply of ammunition?
  • JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Do they assure a supply of ammunition?

No, certainly not. That's up to the purchaser. But I do believe they offer empty cases for it.

Johnny

tn_DSC_1426.jpg