In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help I.D. ing some ammo?

mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
The ammo is in a brown cardboard / paper box, across the top is written:
50 Cartouches de 7,62mm K
M* 1950 pour CARABINE
Etusi: Laiton M* 1950 3- A.VE-59
Amorces: M* 1950 4- MGM-59
Balles: O M* 1950 2- A.VE-59
Poudre: G8-SP (0,3) 2-PRB-56
Charge 0,872g
LOT 5 - A.VE - 60

This is all that's written on the box! Are they just 30 Carbine rounds for a M1, or is this all together different? I don't have the boxes in front of me, so I can't see the bullets. Corrosive or non corrosive? Still useable?

A friend asked me if I could use these, or possibly sell them for him, any help would be appreciated?

Thank you,
Gary

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    French, supposedly with corrosive primers. I don't know for a fact that they are corrosive? But with the inaccessible floating chamber of the carbine. I wouldn't be shooting any, till i found out one way or another.

Shooting corrosive ammo in a gas operated semiauto rifle. Not designed for easy internal cleaning, is a major fail. We had a guy at work, will found that out the hard way. By shooting Chinese corrosive 7.62 X 39, in a Ruger Mini-30.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's nasty corrosive! I would put it second to Korean '06, which is right behind battery acid.
    If you use it in your carbine, be sure to clean for corrosive the same day. I would suggest getting a gas piston wrench if you don't already have one, for a thorough cleaning.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    It's nasty corrosive! I would put it second to Korean '06, which is right behind battery acid.
    If you use it in your carbine, be sure to clean for corrosive the same day. I would suggest getting a gas piston wrench if you don't already have one, for a thorough cleaning.

The worst corrosive ammo, I had ever run across. Was French 45 ACP in green 25 round boxes. Years ago there use to be a lot of it around.

Didn't know it was corrosive. Until I checked my barrel the next day. Rusted in less than 24 hours.

Get rid of that Carbine ammo, don't even consider shooting it.
  • Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for all your help on this one!
  • Options
    WWllVetWWllVet Member Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It could be useable in the Ruger Blackhawk in .30 carbine.
    No worry about gas ports.

Vet