In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1 Buddy

50-70RB50-70RB Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
One is for sale here. Also available from same seller on ebay and from Brownell's. Has anyone ever used one? If so, how did you like it? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=395212993

Never used one but if I had a M1 now I think it would be nice.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like one of those gimmick devices or a solution to a non- problem. I always remove the bolts from my Garands when I clean them and any solvent deposited in the breech area when I run the bore brush thru I clean out later.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I suppose that I could see its purpose in a highly tuned match rifle with a bedded stock which is only disassembled once or twice a year for a complete cleaning. For a service rifle which you will disassemble; once you remove the operating rod spring the follower will drop and with the bolt back there will be nothing to interfere with the cleaning rod. Fifteen bucks won't break your piggybank so go ahead and indulge.
  • Options
    jones0430jones0430 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Or dispense with the cleaning rod and invest in a pull cord, like the Otis system. The Russians and Germans used that kind of system to clean bores. Pulling the patch from the chamber to the muzzle also won't drop any debris into the magazine well.