In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 332

searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
Friend has an over/Under 12 ga. He says it used to eject, but now it only extracts. Shotgun looks like it's had very little use, and certainly well cared for. Any ideas? Experience? Nothing appears to be worn. I appreciate any help here, as I don't know much about O/U's

Dan

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be dried grease blocking the mechanism. Some doubles only raise the un-fired rounds and eject the empties.

http://www.remington.com/products/archived/shotguns/over-and-under/model-332.aspx

The manual says on page 8 of the PDF download the auto ejectors can be de activated has instructions.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Charlie said. Remove the forearm and see if the ejector sears are in place.
    Dan, I sent you an email, wondering if that address was good, and you got it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    What Charlie said. Remove the forearm and see if the ejector sears are in place.
    Dan, I sent you an email, wondering if that address was good, and you got it?

Looked OK, but I'll check it out better when I can get to more light. Didn't get your e-mail Trap, use baker7@ckt.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    FYI. This shotgun was like new. The only thing odd about it that I noticed, was a lot of gun oil. Got to thinking that maybe it was binding things up. Blew it out with an air hose, a lot. Oil just kept flowing out of the cracks. After I got it all mopped up with paper towels, blew it out again a dozen time. Mopped t up again. After no oil coming out of the cracks, took it out and shot it. Worked fine. Just too much oil, and cool weather. Someone once said, and I believe it was Gene Hill, "The amount of oil that it takes to lube a gun would not ruin a good martini."

Dan
  • Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The mix of old gun oil and the appearance of silicone a number of years ago ,ie WD-40, sprayed over the top of gun oil really caused(es) a lot of bad function in cold weather. Rem oil is good oil but can also slow
    mechanics down in cold.