In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Aimpoint PRO issues

DerBarbarianDerBarbarian Member Posts: 289 ✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hey guy's I purchased an Aimpoint Pro about 3-4 years ago, I only recently started using it, and the issue I'm having is that there's not really a defined red dot, even at the maximum setting it looks almost like a undefined squiggly line like ~ & an * there are also streaks of light coming out from it regardless of the brightness setting, it's really hard to describe without actually seeing it. It's almost as if there are particles of hair/dust on the reflector, both of the external lenses are flawless so I would surmise it's something inside of the optic itself. The problem is I've tried contacting Aimpoint 3 or 4 times over the past week and I've never heard back, I've sent both e-mails and left messages, so I'm curious if any of you have had any issues with your PRO's, and if so were you able to get it repaired/fixed through aimpoint? I know that since It's not being used for "professional" uses that it has a 10 year warrant, but I'm a bit discouraged seeing as I'm not able to reach anyone at Aimpoint.. Just curious about your thoughts on the matter.

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,572 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I made the mistake of having RK surgery done about 15 years ago . my eyes were just on the edge of being too bad but they did them any way.
    I have a starburst effect at night with any light and red dot sights look like a fuzzy star and useless to me sounds like what your describing , just my issue yours may be the sight I hope for your sake
    it sucks having my issue
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you wear reading glasses, look through it with them on. If it clears up, it ain't the scope.[:)]
    If it is, update us on their customer service. I've got one with a broken switch that needs to go back, and curious as to what I'm going to run into.