In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mystery part

jpdavis423jpdavis423 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited March 2014 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know what this is? I just bought a used Ransom Rest and this was in the box in an envelope marked T/C. It is made of aluminum, is 2" x 2" x 0.625" thick. The 4 holes are also 0.625" in diameter.

Thanks,

Jeff

a99c93a2-eec2-463e-a1a7-5161388313f0.jpg

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    T/C = "Thompson Contender"?

That's just a "WAG".

Edit: Really, I don't think this is some sort of "state secret". Its probably a semi-optional part, and instead of speculation probaby worth a phone call:

http://www.ransomrest.com/contact.html

I'd be surprised if a few minutes on the phone with Ransom didn't yield a good answer. I also just shot them an email on this and if/when I get a response, I'll post it here

quote:Originally posted by jpdavis423
    I wasn't sure it is/was a Ramsom part. Please see an earlier post, somebody is already contacting them.

Jeff

That "someone" is me, but it really "should" be you. Even if this isn't an original Ransom part, if it gets used in conjunction with one of their products, its still pretty likely they can identify it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I figured the T/C was for Thompson Contender but I don't think this is a T/C part. The "T/C" was hand written on the envelope.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks more like a loading block to hold greased patch round balls for a trade rifle.
  • Options
    VonFatmanVonFatman Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too have a Ransom Rest and the same part came with mine (purchased used). And yes, included with my rest was a set of T/C inserts.

The mystery remains.

Bob

orig.jpg
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wasn't sure it is/was a Ramsom part. Please see an earlier post, somebody is already contacting them.

Jeff
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the T/C hinge pin?
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have been using a Ransom rest for over 40 years and bought a number of them from retiring Bulls-Eye shooters to sell to new shooters . IMHO the only way to work up Match grade pistol Loads .Out of the dozen or so I have owned and sold an more than 10 different Grip inserts .
    "NEVER A TC." I have never seen an item like the pictured one .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He is the response from Ransom:

"That is the adaptor that is required to use the TC grip, When you take the grips off, there is only a small stub, this screws on the stub in order for the grip to fit on and hold.
    Sandy"
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpdavis423
    He is the response from Ransom:

"That is the adaptor that is required to use the TC grip, When you take the grips off, there is only a small stub, this screws on the stub in order for the grip to fit on and hold.
    Sandy"

Yup.
    That's the response I got as well:

quote:I just emailed one guy regarding this. When you take the grips off the TC there is only a small stud. This adaptor screws on the stub. This is required in order to have something for the grip to hold on to.
    Sandy