In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DOM ?

brummiejimbrummiejim Member Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hi, Experts. What is the current thinking about the range of serial numbers for the year 1937, for the Winchester Model 1894/94? I know new information keeps coming to light which causes updates/revisions on serial numbers and year of manufacture. Thanks Jim

Comments

• Options
    brummiejimbrummiejim Member Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Help, Experts. Anyone know the date of manufacture for a Winchester Model 94 with serial # 1149xxx? Many thanks Jim
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    From the latest copy of The Red Book of Winchester Values that I have, the 3rd edition.
    Last serial number in 1936-1118708
    Last serial number in 1937 1158837
    That makes 40127 model 1894 Winchesters built in 1937.
    W.D.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a bit embarassing, but the last serial number in the year 1936 was actually 1119104[:I]. It will be corrected it the 4th Edition of the Red Book.

There were 39,731 Model 94s manufactured in the year 1937.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I was doing the best I could, Bert.[;)]
    W.D.
  • Options
    Floyd58523Floyd58523 Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So that is how you are going to keep us buying these Redbooks!!
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Floyd58523
    So that is how you are going to keep us buying these Redbooks!!

No, that was never our intention. That stated, the 4th edition will have considerably more, and better pictures. We have also added expanded details on nearly all of the various models. For the various models that span multiple chapters, we have added the correct serial number ranges for the specific chapter. Our plan at this point is to revise and publish a new edition every other year to keep pace with changing values. As I discover more & new information in my research, it too will be added to the book. Eventually, the Red Book will be similar to "The Winchester Book", but it will be much more detailed (and accurate), and it will have the added valuation tables.
  • Options
    pdog72pdog72 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    This is a bit embarassing, but the last serial number in the year 1936 was actually 1119104[:I]. It will be corrected it the 4th Edition of the Red Book.

There were 39,731 Model 94s manufactured in the year 1937.

We all make mistakes, but there are many who will not admit it. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your research with all of us.
    Gary