In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of Colt .38 Super??

mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a chance to buy one from a friend; I don't want to short him OR myself. What would be a fair price for one in 85-90% condition? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply; obviously I need to get some more info. Haven't actually seen the gun yet, only talked about it with my friend. I'll get back to you later.
  • Options
    Griz4X4Griz4X4 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You seem to know a lot about these 38 Supers.
    I acquired a Colt 38 Super 25 years years ago and have just now taken the time to try and find something out about it. It is very early and has a 4 digit serial number, which I am told rolled over into 5 digits in the first year of production. So I assume it is a 29 manufacture year. It has some light pits in the finish, is original blue and as far as I know has never been re-finished. The grips are original along with all the parts, nothing has ever been replaced on this gun. It still functions wonderfully and never jams. What do you think this could be worth?

Griz

Griz
    Where the rubber meets the dirt...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, I did end up buying the pistol. Turned out it wasn't a 38 Super, but a 38 Colt Auto, first year production. Condition?? Dunno, as it has been nickel plated so there goes some of the collector value. Still, a very nice and interesting old gal. Emery

"Well done is better than well said"
    Ben Franklin