In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Para P10.45 vs Glock 30

rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
I found a Para P10 45 ACP used for sale. Two tone w/ one mag with finger extension, not an LDA. The seller also has a Glock 30. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each. They are asking $85 more for the Glock.

I plan to shoot IDPA with whichever one I get as well as self defense.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    I have a Para LDA 14 in 40 S&W that i paid mid 400's which was a very good buy , the one you're looking at sell for around 600 retail NIB
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have enough information about the Glock 30. Any comments regarding the Para P10?

Thanks
  • Options
    bping1bping1 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have both and would prefer the Glock for accuracy.....I like the P10 for carry though....Good Luck.

bping1
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    The grips of the two are very different. Hold them and see how they feel in your hand. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies.

Both feel fine in my grip. The Glock instinctively points low. I am concerned about reliability. Heard some rumors about problem with the P10, but I like the gun and I am trying to give it the benefit of the doubt.

It will be used for CCW and IDPA.
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Double stack magazines are a reliability concern for .45s. I never had a problem with the G30 save for getting the l0th round into the mags when they are new. The Para mag has been cited as not completely reliable.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you looking for CCW then go with reliable. NEVER pack something that has doubt associated with it's operation, and ALWAYS use factory ammo. It's not like the "old days", today there's a lot of super ammo comming from many different mfg., and if you use handloads and are involved in a shooting the lawyers will pounce on that fact in a "New York" minute.