In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What size rings for 40mm objective lens?

snoodsnood Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
edited August 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have a Browning BAR ordered and I want to put a Leupold scope 3x9 -40mm on top. I'm using a Browning one piece base but I don't know whether I would need low, medium, or high rings. I want the scope to set as low as possible but I don't know if the low rings will give me enough clearance for the 40mm objective lens. Has anyone got an experience with this? I'm pressed for time and would like to have the base and rings purchased and ready by the time the BAR arrives. Thanks

Comments

• SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I checked the Leupold website and their ring and mount "calculator" it shows for a BAR thatlow rings will work for that application ( Part # 49897 Gloss) and they show a 1 piece mount in Gloss part # 49985.
    Hope that helps.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If there's a rear sight you might have to knock that out and just tap in a dovetail filler block.
  • hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Medium Rings will be just fine for the 40mm objective. I have a 42mm mounted in medium rings and have a smidgeon of space to spare, so you'll be fine with the 40mm.