In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stevens 5100

leoleo Member Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
edited August 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have found one in a pawn shop. It's a 20ga with plastic (tenite ?} stocks. The shotgun is 85%. They are asking $200.00 for it. Good price?
I can see the head of the stock screw in the buttplate. Is this normal?
Thanks, Leonard.

Comments

• leoleo Member Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Folks,
    A couple of weeks ago, I came into possession of a Stevens 5100 in 12 guage with 26" barrels. It's in great mechanical condition but has been toted and handled a great deal. The curiosity though is, it has an ordnance bomb and US stamped into the left rear of the receiver. Anybody have any thoughts on this one?
    Thanks

"Choose disgrace where obedience would have meant dishonor" Count Georg von der Marwitz
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes. its basically a stevens 311 reborn. there should be 2 screws in the buttplate. are there?

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction. NRA certified instructor.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.