In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W Sigma SW9VE Trigger pull

soundstreamdvsoundstreamdv Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited August 2005 in Ask the Experts
The trigger pull on my Smith & Wesson SW9VE is a little bit heavy and I would like to lighten it up a bit if possible. I found a website (gunsprings.com) that offers a reduced power striker spring that they claim will help. My question is, will the reduced power striker spring have a negative effect on reliability?
Also, I am quite handy at taking things apart and putting them back together (I fix small electronics for a living), but I have no experience with gunsmithing. Do you think changing the spring is something I might be able to tackle myself or would it be unwise to attempt?

Comments

• Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you would be better off selling your sigma and buying something else. Sigma's are bottom of the barell in my opinion. I personaly would not change the springs unless you know all the possible problems that may be caused from doing so, if you are going to use this as a defensive weapon. If its a plinker....go for it if you like the pistol.

0311 semper fi
  • Options
    soundstreamdvsoundstreamdv Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What makes it "bottom of the barrel"? I'm no expert on guns, but so far I have put over 500 rounds through it and found it reliable, accurate, and comfortable with the exception of the heavy trigger.
  • Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you like it go for it. I dislike the trigger, grip angle, accuracy and on the one i shot the reliability was horrible. Just my experience with one pistol, a test sample of one does not prove anything but i won't touch one again.

0311 semper fi
  • Options
    yachtdaveyachtdave Member Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the Sigma works for you and you like it go for it. Most manufactures are putting heavy springs for state compliency issues(overkill) for trigger pull, so the guns will not go off in the drop testing. You can change the spring yourself, just pay attn. to the dissembly and assembly. your manual should have an exploded diagram, if not you can find one on line to help. I think you will like the new spring set and then take to the range and make sure everything is OK with another 500 rounds...
    Dave

Riverviewsales.net