In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M 1

SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
edited September 2005 in Ask the Experts
Are the M1 carbines in .30 decent? I see there are a few different makers of these and what kind of price do these pull used but in good shape? Thanks, SG

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure what "decent" means.

The M1 carbine is fine for plinking & defense; the cartridge is equivalent to the .357 mag. Plus, they hold 15 or 30 rd mags. There were 10 USGI manufacturers; most run in the $400-600 range for a rebuild. There were a handful of commercial manufacturers; most are not worth having.

Neal
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    STAY AWAY FROM THE "IAI".!!!!!

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA PATRON-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the fast responses...yall are great with help and info here. I was just curious about the qualities from one maker to another. A friend of mine has an Inland thats in pretty good shape but he wants $475 for it. Thought it might be a good deal. Thanks again , SG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's probably a good deal, unless it is import marked. If it is marked "Blue Sky", take a pass.

Neal
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Ammo is not cheep either. It seems to run about $200/ 1000. It is very fun to shoot though.

Just remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

John
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I inheritated a Plainfield ver this year. Has had about 1 box through it. Looks new. Any opinion on value guys?

Thanks

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, they are among the best of the commercial carbines. Figure $350-400, maybe a little more.

Neal
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply Neal. I have no plans on selling it but was interested in it's value.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.