In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can I ship an antique rifle to the Netherlands?

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
Just got an e-mail from a potential buyer, wants me to ship an antique rifle to the Netherlands. Can I ship a rifle out of the country and if so, is it alot of paperwork and red tape to go thru?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello The big problem with shipping Firearms "NO MATTER HOW OLD " is you need to know the laws of both countries and the regulations of the shipper you plan to use. I for one don't think it would be worth your time. Tell out of the country BUYER you will ship to a person in the U.S.A. and then let that person take care of shipping . Give him some names and addresses of FFL. near you and let HIM contact THEM You stay out of it and make sure his payment clears your bank. might be a fake check scam
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Bottom line: pass on the deal.

Tell him you are not set up with the proper licensing, etc. to handle international firearms trafficking.

As soon as it leaves the US, it will probably no longer be regarded as antique. We define antiques. The Euro countries do not, to the best of my knowledge. Joe
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I recall from posts on here long ago, what you need is to deal with a company that has an import/export license for firearms. If you are talking about a sale of a few hundred dollars it wouldn't be worth it. If you are talking 5 figures - that's a different story.

I would never try to just send it myself. Talk to your local dealer and you might find that he isn't interested either.

Do you have this item on GB? If so post us a link.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I am going to tell him its too much trouble to ship overseas.
  • Options
    MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go to this website.

www.etssusa.com

Michael is a gun exporter, and he speaks about 5 European languages.
    Nice Guy...we go shooting together. He has an office where you find his wife, little daugther, 2 dogs, some computers and a safe. He is from Austria, and he does gunbroker shipments to everywhere. I would trust him with my wife, my dog, and my guns.

This is his specialty....see how much it costs.

His phone is 970-872-3770.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MBK, this seems to be the type of business I was talking about. As about trust ... I can understand trusting him with your wife & guns, but your dog???
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks MBK, I will give him a call.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem is, this is a current auction, but it could take months for a European buyer to establish a relationship with a US agent. YOU shouldn't be the one stuck in the middle.

I have sold several guns to US agents for European buyers, & the agent immediately sent me a copy of his FFL & payment. THAT is the only way I will do business with someone outside the US. Serious European buyers know that this is the way to do it.

I'd send him the information you have, but I wouldn't accept a bid from him at this time.

Neal