In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

IHC M1

marcus396marcus396 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
the M14 i was describing earlier , I got a chance to get it looked at today by a class 3 military weapons dealer. After looking at the gun for over an hour, this is what he told me. USGI wood stock with selector swich cutout repaired, really nice, fiberglass USGI stock, dyed black. his opinion, this is not a chinese copy, but an original reworked M1A made from USGI parts. Unless the receiver gets Xrayed, he has no way of knowing what was done to receiver. serial number on receiver, brazing on underside by gas spring. this was first he as seen like this is his 59 years and it difinitely made his happy just to get to look at it, and gave me a name of dealer more specialized in these. But i am trying to get documentation at to who and where the work was done. thanks for all the help.

Comments

• Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to post pics.
    Sounds illegal as Hell
    And I will bet I know morw about M14s than most.
    No marks on the heel?

CP

PS-you need to learn to edit your post instead of making new ones so you don't use up the 10 posts per thread.

PPS- I still don't understand why you call it an IHC M1.
  • Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The other post he made had part numbers that were not off of a USGI, M14! The only way you are going to find anything about the rifle here is post pictures!

Emmett
  • Options
    marcus396marcus396 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the other rifle i had my bud check out was my M1 Garand. IHC date 2-54, only not original is.520 MN rear sights, cartouche and proof stamp, correct, imerial M5 bayonet, these things used to go for 98 bucks years ago, pretty sure bet it was used in korean war, i moved into my house, going to get my new computer probably sunday and i will try to posts pics. Gun and military show in akron in sept, most likely I will be there.
  • Options
    rdcgunsrdcguns Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IHCs were too late for Korea.
  • Options
    carolinashootercarolinashooter Member Posts: 339 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    marcus396,
    It would be a pretty sure bet your IHC never saw Korea during the war. Check manufacturing dates.