In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Real or Fake?

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have never seen one before.
DSC00169.jpg

Comments

• Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks real to me. It looks like DAO.
    Any markings when you remove the barrels?
    Ship's captains used guns like these to protect against mutinies.
    Is this a pinfire?
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know, I was looking at odd guns on the web and found this one. I have seen the usual duck foot and pepper boxes, but wondered how the heck this one worked!
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you think THAT is odd, check your library for Firearms Curiosa by Winant. It is out of print, I snagged a copy when it passed my way- more weird, strange, and unusual firearms (real ones) between the covers than you can imagine. Including things like the .307 Schneelock Triangular Revolver (No- really!)
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    saw one similiar just a while back on tv the trigger alternated up and down, to shoot the outside barrell then the inside thenback to outside. If it works like the one on tv, I think it only had like 10-12 barrells.
  • Options
    David KennedyDavid Kennedy Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This one is real enough - although I would like to see images of the rear of the action. Probably Belgian and probably only made in small numbers (100 or less?). With the brass barrels, possibly for shipboard use (similar to the purpose behind most duckfoots).

The history of the firearms industry has included a VERY small number of successes on top of a pile of innumerable failures - like this one. Sure you can fire 16 times, but where is the holster? I don't even want to think about how much it weighs...

Dave
  • Options
    agostinoagostino Member Posts: 414 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many years ago I saw a 20 shot revolver at an NRA convention. I don't recall it well, but I believe it had Italian markings, a huge cylinder, and multiple barrels.