In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

6.5X50 fajen

comatokedcomatoked Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hey this Is My First Post I Never Noticed We Had A Fourm Here Before,So My Uncle Is Wanting To Trade Me A 6.5x50 Jap Rifle, It Has No Markings, But On The Buttstock it Says Rajer. That Is the Only name Or Marks On The gun it is A Bolt Action Mauser type. He Is Wanting me To trade my Taurus Pt-92 9mm To It, And I Cant Find Nothing On This rifle At All. But From What I Have Read About The 6.5x50 Round Sounds good I Just Need More Info On the Gun. Rajer Is A Arabic Name So Maybe that Will Help And Any Inputt Will Be Great Thanks.
[8]

Ok I Did Some Research And This Is What I came Up With
http://www.chuckhawks.com/arisaka_sporter.htm
This Sounds Just Like The Gun My Uncles has Though I Have Not taken it Apart, Check it Out And let Me Know Value Or anything Like That.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Without knowing the condition of the rifle, and how it has been sporterized, ( if any), it would difficult it give you advice on the trade.

It's been my experience in the past though, that commercial handguns have a much greater value on the resale market. Then reworked/sportized military rifles.
  • Options
    comatokedcomatoked Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With A Little More Research I Have This Rifle To Be A Arisaka model 38 Early War Rifle. It Has some Custom Work Looks Like With The Fajen Stock Not Rajer As I Posted eariler, That Is The Only Markings On The Gun Except For The Lyman Sights That Are Labled. It Seems To Be A Good Built Gun And Is In Very Good Shape If Anybody Knows What The Value Would Be That Would Be Great Because I Dont Wanna Trade my Pistol To A Cheap Rifle/
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you checked out the price and availability of 6.5 Jap ammunition?

What would you do with the rifle?
    What have you been doing with the pistol?
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,996 ******
    edited November -1
    FAJEN IS THE MAKER OF THE STOCK, AS A SPORTERIZED (BUBBADISED?) JAP.
    AT BEST IT'S WORTH $200 (PROBABLY 1/2 THAT).
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Arisakas are good hunting in the rain rifles except the 6.5 doesn't have the chrome bore of the 7.7mm.
    I wouldnt make the trade.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,184 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is a very good trade. For your uncle...